Toronto Terror Tragically Takes Two (FINAL UPDATE: correct victims and attendance)
Canada Extreme // Crime
"In 35 years of policing, this is the worst incident of gun violence in North America and the worst crime in Toronto's history." That according to Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair after 24 people were rushed to hospital with injuries. About 10:30PM Monday someone opened fire at an outdoor bar-b-que on Danzig St., near Morningside Ave. and Lawrence Ave E.. Over 200 people were in attendance when a fight broke out and one or more people began shooting. An infant suffered a grazing gunshot wound and is in stable condition in hospital. Another person staggered to a nearby laundromat, shot once in the back. 16 ambulances transported the victims, including a 14 year old girl and 23 year old man that were pronounced dead. Chief Blair said one of the injured is a person of interest and is in police custody. Toronto Police spokesperson Const. Wendy Drummond said she could not confirm the ages of any of the victims. 23(correct) were victims of gunshots. One person was injured when they were trampled in the rush to escape the area. Other residents were treated for shock but not included in the injury count. Police claim a connection to street gangs and are appealing to anyone with information to come forward and speak with investigators. Sixteen people have died as a result of gun violence in Toronto since January 1, 2012, up two from the same period last year. The seventeenth firearms-murder victim of the year was found on July 17 in the opposite end of the megalopolis and was determined to be unrelated. The city is home to 5 million.
/ 1 Comments/ Rumored